Monday, September 13, 2010

Woman of Many Hats

I was reminded today of how many different hats I actually wear on a day to day basis.  When I first get up in the morning I put on my "staff" hat since I am taking care of Mattie (my Airedale) and Mr. Whiskers (my cat)  Yes it's true...if you have animals or just one animal, then you are staff.  As I am driving to work I call my mom (every morning) and I put on the "daughter" hat.  Sometimes during that drive I get a call from my son and I put on the "mother" hat.  As I arrive at work I put on my "employee" hat.  When I walk out of the 8am meeting into the wine lab, I put on my "Lab Manager" hat and almost immediately turn and put on my "winemaker" hat.  Whew...just writing it down has made me tired.

I can wear about six different hats before 8:30am - no wonder I am tired.  We all wear different hats throughout the day - some more than others.  But I am reminded that although I may wear different hats at different times, I am still the same person underneath them all.

Although we may change what we do during the day, we should never change who we are inside...remember what is really important...remaining true to yourself.  How many hats do YOU wear during the day...count them - you might be surprised.

Right now I am about to go put on my "drinking" hat cause the day is done...


Cheers,

Passaggio Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment