Sunday, June 19, 2011

Follow Your Heart and Do What You Love

Meet my friend Sherri Housman. I met Sherri on twitter and have had the pleasure of meeting her several times in person. She has such a passion about her that radiates to others around her. Follow her blog, Wine with SLHousman, and enjoy her passion.



I’m a huge believer in following your heart and doing what you love. People find serenity in many different ways with many different passions. Over the years I have found my passion in a couple different things. I have been drawing and creating pastel art since the age of eight. I always find a crazy beauty in flowers maybe because once in bloom their beauty only lasts for a short time. There’s something special about catching a flower’s natural beauty on a blank sheet of white paper and turning it into something vibrant. I love this quote by Georgia O’Keefe, my favorite artist whom I have admired for years. O’Keefe says, “Nobody sees a flower really-it is so small it takes time-we haven’t time-and to see takes time, like a friend takes time.”



Over the years I have loved and found a great satisfaction with writing and expressing my feelings on paper, which has made wine blogging so perfect for me. Being such an enthusiast of wine, I love describing an incredible bottle. Describing that bottle in words not only helps me savor every taste but also gives others who have not yet had the chance to taste, an idea of what that wine is like. With every new bottle comes that surprise, that mystery of not being entirely sure what you will get. You can have an idea of what it may taste like but many times I am pleasantly surprised. Blogging about wine has come to be very enriching for me. I’m always learning about wineries, appellations, varietals, and the whole wine making process that goes into producing incredible bottles. I have met many other great wine bloggers, winery owners, wine makers, and just other wine enthusiasts. My passion for wine and writing about it is huge. While exploring different wines I have definitely found a varietal that I am most passionate about. That would be Cabernet Sauvignon and the RockPile appellation. This RockPile appellation produces exquisite juice. I find layers of structure making this wine unforgettable. Russian River Valley Pinots are another favorite of mine, with their earthy and complex flavors. The hunt to find that new great bottle for my next blog is part of my passion. Wine Blogging has so many rewards beyond drinking great wines. It was an incredible feeling the first time I heard one of my blog readers tell me how much new information they learned about the bottle shared in my blog.
My readers can’t physically be with me and share a bottle but I hope I am able to give them an idea of what the wine tastes like and the nuances of its terror. If I can do that, then I’ve accomplished my goal.

In closing Id like to leave you with my very favorite wine motto, “Wine makes every meal an occasion and everyday more civilized.” Cheers!

Posted By Passaggio Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment